Tutorials and Workshops
As in previous AIME conferences, proposals for the organization of satellite workshops and tutorials regarding any of the topic areas of the AIME 2023 conference are invited.
Workshop/tutorial proposal deadline: February 3, 2023
Notification of acceptance: February 17, 2023
Tutorials: June 12, 2023
Workshops: June 15, 2023
Proposals for workshops and tutorials should be sent by email to
Each proposal should include the following elements:
- Chair(s): name, affiliation, e-mail address, homepage, and short (one paragraph) biography of each chair/organizer, explaining her/his expertise for the event (workshop/tutorial)
- Abstract: a summary of max. 200 words describing the purpose of the workshop/tutorial
- Topics: a list (no longer than half a page) describing the covered topics of interest
- Motivation (one to three paragraphs): why is the topic timely and of particular interest to the AIME community
- Former workshops/tutorials (if applicable): describe the development of the workshop/tutorial series over the past 3-5 years; provide quantitative information on submissions and attendance
- Format (a tabular schedule or a one-paragraph summary): the intended mix of events, such as paper presentations, invited talks, panels, demos, and general discussion
- Intended length: half-day or full-day
- Target audience: who and how many people are likely to attend
- Program Committee (if applicable): name and affiliations of potential PC members
- Requirements: audio-visual or technical requirements and special room requirements (e.g., a computer lab)
We strongly advise to provide more than one chair/organizer, preferably originating from different institutions, to add different perspectives to the topics of the event. We will favour workshops presenting an innovative structure and a diverse programme that attracts various types of contributions and ensures rich interactions.
Organizers of accepted workshops will be required to prepare a website containing their call for papers and contributions, and detailed information about the event organization and timelines. A link to this website will be provided on the AIME 2023 conference website. AIME23 EC license also covers any workshops of the conference (at no extra fee).
While the local chair will assist with the local organization of the event, the organizers of the workshop/tutorial will be responsible for conducting their own reviewing process, for promoting their event, and for preparing proceedings in electronic format (PDF). All chairs of an accepted workshop will be encouraged to attend the event in person. At least one chair of an accepted event will have to attend the event in person.
The chairs of each accepted event will receive one free registration (conference + one workshop/tutorial day) per event.
All submissions of proposals for workshops and tutorials will undergo a common review process with 2-3 reviewers per proposal.
Event attendees are allowed to pay only for the events they will attend (main conference attendees should pay for the AIME 2023 conference and for the events they may want to attend).
For more information about organizing an event, please contact